Repost Network Adds SoundExchange as a DSP to the Dashboard

It’s official. SoundExchange has been added to the Repost Network Dashboard. Now, artists can enable SoundExchange and collect more from their royalties. But, why is this so important?

SoundExchange is “the independent nonprofit collective management organization that collects and distributes digital performance royalties to featured artists and copyright holders.” While PROs collect and distribute royalties for the songwriter, composer and publisher, SoundExchange focuses on collecting royalties from digital radio. Webcasters like Pandora, SiriusXM, etc. pay SoundExchange when they stream commercially available music – that’s where this different kind of royalty comes from. With the incorporation of SoundExchange into the Dashboard, Repost users can start collecting more royalties that were previously unavailable.

The royalties are distributed by law in the following way:

  • 45% goes to the featured artist.
  • 50% goes to the rights owner.
  • 5% goes to the non-featured artists.

In the course of its history, SoundExchange has paid out more than $3.5 billion in royalties since their inception. That’s a lot of dough. Repost Network is specifically collecting on the Record Label share, which is 55% of the distributed royalty, while the other 45% goes to the featured artist. Hence, artists should still sign up with SoundExchange to collect the rest of their royalties.

We are proud to be working with SoundExchange, and are excited to announce their addition to our Dashboard. You can enable distribution with SoundExchange in your Dashboard now.

Curious if you already have royalties waiting for you? You can search with SoundExchange to see if there is any money waiting for you.

Happy collecting.

Writer: Garrett Gomez
Category: Announcements
Date: May 24, 2018